7.29.2006

150'th POST!

Jasper thought. 9 mins, 14 seconds. Hhow did she do it? How?!
Nicah looked at him. "I can see you're upset."
"Huh? No I'm not!" He forced a smile.
Nicah told him. "Don't worry, I know," she smiled. "Oh, and Jasper, thank you for saving me last time, the explosion."
Jasper was blushing and smiled. "Umm... Hehe. Just doing my job."
"No you weren't. That wasn't part of your job."
"Hehe."

Jem and Yanna were suspicious. What was Jasper and Nicah talking about? They saw them talkking in whispers. Then Yanna's phone rang.
Yanna answered it, "Hello? Oh. Hi! yeah....yeah... maybe... I can't... Bye!"
Joshua asked, "Who was that?"
Yanna answered, "Classmate. Too bad you are not GCF anymore, and you can't be first year anyway."
Joshua said, 'Great, I have to start Grade 2 again."
Yanna teased him, "Hmm... Maybe you can be promoted to 1st year high."
"That would be too suspicious."

Jem thought about the phone. The phone. Phone... Phone.... Cellphone... Becky had a phone call...
Jem realized it at that instant. "Hey guys. I realized something. Who called Becky?"
Nicah turned back, "Oh yeah. We didn't think about that yet."
Yanna said, "And... oh yeah! I smelled flowers in the room."
Joshua replied, "Yes. I think that's something significant."
Jem asked, "And why was the man curled up like he was squeezed in a box or something?"
Jasper said, "There's only one way to find out."
And all of them entered the house and went to the sister. She was dismissing the police.
"No! Arrest her immediately." She pointed at the housemaid.
Jasper went to the head police, "What is the cellphone number of that lady over there?"
The man replied, "Sorry kid, police business."
"Please?"
"The magic word always gets me." And he wrote the number on a small piece of paper. Jasper gave it to Joshua, who in turn, ran to the car."

Yanna went once more to the crime scene. She searched every nook and cranny but nothing else was interesting. She looked back at the overturned carpet portion. She pulled it up, just to see what was underneath. "Hmm... Strange marks." There were two lines, a bit far from each other. "Looks like something scraped against the floor. She asked photographed it and searched for more clues. She learned a method of getting fingerprints. She checked the large window sill. The police were investigating fingerprints everywhere. They were the fingerprints of the victim. Without any clear direction, she got a chair and searched for fingerprints high in the window. After dusting lots of powder, she found some fingerprints, on the top. What could this mean? Even if I was tall enough, I couldn't reach that height. She checked the fingerprints with the others on the windowsill. It was the same as the victim's.

Jem and Jasper went down to interrogate the housemaid.
Jasper told her, as he turned on the concealed microphone in his jacket, "I know you're innocent, but please cooperate with me. Did Mr. Grecia ever come out of the house? What happened yesterday when Becky came in the house?"
She replied, "No, Mr. Grecia didn't come out of the room the whole night. Yo the second question, I don't know. I am ordered by Mrs. Grecia not to meddle in her family's business. But once in a while, they ask me to bring something to them when they ask. Yesterday, I heard her car coming. And then, she told me to bring a giant bag, with wheels. You know those big bags where a person as tall as you can fit? She said she had lots of food from the party."
Jem asked her, "Did you see such food?"
"I wasn't supposed to help her, but I did see lots of food a while ago."
Jasper told her, "We will get to the bottom of this, I promise."

After this, they were assembled in the room.
Nicah looked up at the fingerprints as she listened to Jem and Jasper. "Why are there fingerprints in the first place?"
Joshua sadly said, "I found information about the caller. Sadly, it was from a phone booth. Phone booths are public so millions call everytime."
Jasper checked the windowsill. He opened the windows. "What could the victim have been doing with his hands up there?"
He climbed up on the big window and stood on it. He looked down. It's an easy jump from here to the ground. To keep his balance, he held the top of the window. Huh? He looked at his hand.
"My friends..." Jasper lost his balance and fell to the ground. Nicah asked him, "Are you okay?"
"Yes..." His chest pounded. The Poptoposin still wasn't complete yet. He clutched his chest. "I know who the killer is.""

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home