6.09.2007

carlos's history

Manila
Thursday
12:30 PM

Jasper rang the doorbell. A girl opened the door, smiled at the gang and told them,
"Hello! Who are you?"
Well, a better way of starting the conversation would be something on the lines of "May I help you?" but obviously, this is not what we see here.
"Umm... I'm Pie," Josh said with a smile.
"I'm Carri (short for Carribean)," Almira said.
"I'm Music," Jazz said in a jazzy way.
"And I'm Lyrics," Nicah introduced herself.
They did not know why they used aliases or why the author of this story made them use different names but it all turned to good.
"Oh." The girl said, looking desatisfied. "I'm Naomi. We were having a party... Why did you go here?"
"We were looking for a friend of ours..." Almira said.
"Really? I've never seen you before in my life. Now if you would please go away now, leave and never come back, I would be most delighted." Naomi slammed the door on them.

As they reached the car, Nicah told the rest, "I recognized her voice, she was the one who wanted my help. She was the one who called me!"
"That doesn't make sense. If she is being held hostage by that sly person, why did we just see her..." Joshua said, "... slam the door on us?"

Singapore
Thursday
1:00 PM


"Cmon. The bus is gonna leave any minute!" Jem shouted to Yanna and Mishka.
They all hopped on the bus. They had discovered through GPS the place Jet indicated.
"Jet must have written that email long ago, and may have been transferred to another place by now," Mishka said.
"Then we'll have to look for the tiniest clues to his next whereabouts," Yanna told them.

The bus dropped them at a location 4 meters away from Jet's previous whereabouts.
"Guys!" Mishka pointed at his laptop. "There's wireless internet here! That's how Jet sent the message." They looked around them. This was a park. A playground.
"I had a revelation," Jem said. "I don't think this is the right place."
"Why?" Yanna asked.
"He may have used the internet here to send the email to us... and this is 510 meters southeast from the place we started in," Mishka elaborated.
"Unfortunately, we didn't decode where we should start..." Jem sadly said.

Location: Classified
On the Run
Time: Classified


Carlos was running. Faster than he ever ran before. He didn't look back. He knew what was behind him. He knew WHO was behind him. Still, he continued to run.

---------Flashback----------
"Son, I want you to be a doctor when you grow up." A fatherly figure told his son.
"I always wanted to be, all my life," replied a grinning 9 year old Carlos P.
"Be careful, you do not want to mess with the wrong sort," his dad told him back.
"Why do you always think I am going to mess up??" Carlos shouted back.
"No I don't, son. It's just that you're too good for your age and I just..."
"Yeah yeah, I know. You want me to be careful. Well, I'm sick of being careful."
Carlos packed his stuff up. He ran for the door. His father couldn't move.

Carlos was already a a block away when he heard an explosion. "No..." Carlos gasped.
He ran back to his house. His only home. "Dad?!" he shouted. "DAD!!" No reply.
His house had been nuked. Totally demolished. A bomb. Nobody else was there. He cried.
"DAD!!!" No reply. He found his dad on the former living room. "Dad?"
But too late. Carlos wept. He went outside, and saw a piece of parchment on the road. He picked it up and realized...

Carlos only said one word.

"Nautilus."

---------End of Flashback---------

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home