5.24.2007

pink (btw, forget that other story)

Metro Manila
Wednesday
1:34 PM

Nicah was alarmed with another phone call. She was in the middle of reading a book.
"Hello?" She answered.
"Nicah! Help me!" a frantic voice at the other end.
"Huh? You are..."
No reply.
"Hey." Another voice.
"You're not her."
"I got your friend. Correction, friends."
"Who are you?"
"I am sly."
Phone hangs.
"No. Not again."
She picked up the phone and dialed Jasper's number. Hmm... deja vu? First time it was Carlos. Now it is...
"Hey Jasper. I got a phone call from my friend. She was kidnapped!"
"Like Carlos?"
"Yeah. But this time it's a girl. And I do not recognize her. I'm not even sure if I even met her."
"Don't worry. Josh here will track the call."
"Thanks. And I got to hear the voice of their captor. He sounds pretty young but he's sly."
"Sly?"
"You know Jasper..."
"What?"
"I'm not even allowed to be on the phone talking with a guy."
"Oh. Bye!"
"Bye. And be sure to figure them out. Meeting tomorrow"
"Yeah."

Thursday
11:23 AM


Jasper, Nicah, Joshua and Almira gathered in Jasper's house the next day.
Joshua said, "Here are the results of the tracking. The number Nicah gave us showed that it leads to this place over here." Joshua showed the computer to the others and pointed to the map and a certain block.
In the far side of the room, Almira asked Nicah, "Where are the others? Didn't they come back from Singapore?"
"Nope. They're looking for Jet and all possible things that may have happened to him." Nicah answered.
Jasper decided, "Okay. Let's go to that place indicated in Josh's tracking device. Probably that sly person and his hostages have transferred to another place but it's well worth investigating. Nicah, try to remember people in your past. Almira, bring a camera. Josh, try to keep in touch with the others at Singapore. As for me, I will drive the car. You know what happened last time."
They all laughed. Almira stared at them.
Joshua answered her look, "Complicated story. I drove a car and we merely exploded into a billion pieces."

-------------------------------------------------------------
Singapore
Wednesday 9:30 AM

Mishka, Yanna, Jem and Ren started looking for clues for the past whereabouts of Jet.
"Wow. I never thought Singapore-ans speak Tagalog." Jem remarked.
Yanna asked, "Where's Ren?"
"Dunno. Didn't wanna stay out of that corner. No matter how much I hugged him." Mishka answered.
"Where did you say Jet was?" Jem asked.
"Well... let's review."
Mishka took out a notebook. Yanna handed a pen.
"Point one." Mishka said, while writing it down. "We know he's in Singapore."
"Point two," Jem continued. "We got an email from Josh saying he found an email from Jet. Encrypted of course."
"Point three," Yanna continued. "We have to solve the encryption or we may not get anywhere."
"Exactly why did I need to take out my notebook?" Mishka asked himself. Instead, he pulled out Jet's code.

"Plane arrives at 4:00. Pink miles ahead."

"Pink?" They asked themselves.

To be continued...



Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home